Real people Recruitment is working with a company that provides a wide range of facilities management (FM) services across Ireland, Europe and the UK. Their service areas include Integrated FM; Hard FM technical and building services; Cleaning, landscaping, pest control and waste; Security and front of house. We are helping the FM company to hire a Faciliaties team manager. This is a new position due to new opportunities for the business.
The details of the role are as follows
Job Title - Facilities team manager
Salary - €60,000 - €65,000 DOE.
Location - Ireland, various locations, depending on client's sites
Contract - Permanent, employed directly. 40 hours per week
About the role:
You will set up and manage a team of multiskilled technicians (covering Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Building Fabric maintenance), semi-skilled maintenance engineers and a small selection of specialist sub-contractors.
Sites will include Corporate Head Offices, Pharmaceutical sites, Data Centres, Telco and Financial. From a Facilities Engineering background you will manage mobile maintenance and project works across the portfolio. You will take a lead in delivering excellent service to the client while proactively managing the workload of the Technicians.
• Support the set-up of and operate the mobile team
• Deliver small works projects via internal mobile team
• Always comply with the company Health and Safety Policy.
• Ensure that compliance documentation is always completed and up to date
• To ensure company policies are followed and delivered consistently
• To recruit, support, coach, motivate to ensure people performance is optimised
• Attend / hold meetings (in line with meeting schedule) with your line manager and direct reports to ensure effective cascade of all company communications and ways of working
• Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
• Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
• Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and returned with certification
• Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and to ensure repairs are carried out as and where necessary.
• Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Client of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
• Advise the on-site customer (management) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
• Carry out surveys and complete reports as required by management.
• Always represent the company in a professional manner and develop a good working relationship with the company and customer employees
What you will need for this role is;
• Proven experience operating with the following systems: Static switchgear, UPS, Generators, Motorized Switchgear, CRAC systems, electrical works, Fire protection and detection systems.
• Fully Qualified Electrician with minimum of 5 years’ experience in Facilities and services critical environment.
• Knowledge of HVAC Systems.
• HV/MV electrical switching experience an advantage but not necessary.
• Experience in managing teams of multiskilled technicians across multiple sites.
• Proven Experience & competence of Periodic Inspection reports, PAT, and Thermal imaging predictive maintenance.