Credit Control & Collections Manager
Real people Recruitment is working with an energy company in Drogheda to help them hire a credit control manager to manage a busy team, who have a customer base of over 65,000 customers. The Credit Control and Collections Manager will proactively manage the credit control and banking team.
This is a varied role, helping to manage an onsite team within a busy department. The role will operate from our Head Office in Drogheda and will service our expanding business and customer base. The position will report to the Head of Billing, Banking and Credit Control.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Managing the credit control and banking team from a people leadership perspective, including employee performance, training & development.
- The post holder must have a hands-on approach across all operational areas, taking responsibility for day-to-day projects and activities.
- Create and implement the credit strategy to ensure effectiveness and maximise collections whilst minimising bad debts.
Key Roles, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage debt and credit ledgers for all sectors of Natural Gas and Electricity accounts including setting and driving monthly cash collection targets.
- Report on commercial and domestic debtor days, including implementing processes to reduce debtor days, bad debts review and write downs.
- Manage escalated queries or disputes to satisfactory conclusion, including liaising with the Commercial and Customer Service teams to resolve any outstanding queries.
- Manage the process for referral of overdue accounts for legal action and manage the legal process.
- Management and participation in various credit risk reviews, projects and initiatives, including regulatory change, audit / regulatory inspections and issue remediation as needed.
- Manage cash allocation to the accounts, including unpaid direct debits, refunds and direct debits runs.
- Develop strategic partnerships across the management team, working closely with other internal departments to promote a culture of communication, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Representation of the company in wider organisation process improvement projects including actively working with IT to improve business processes and systems.
- Adhoc duties as required.
Minimum of Institute of Credit Management Qualification or equivalent.
credit experience with experience managing people.
Role specific (technical) knowledge / skills:
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and experience of ERP systems.
- Strong communication and management skills
- Strong customer focus and negotiation skills
Real People Recruitment
The Greenway, Iconic offices
112-114 St. Stephen's Green
Telephone : +353 (0)1 2544273
Mobile : +353 (0) 89 255 6485
Email : Gerard@realpeoplerecruitment.com