Role: Design Engineer
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Salary: DOE €35,000 - €55,000
Hours: Monday - Friday
Start date: ASAP
Requirements: Good understanding and experience in lighting and emergency lighting
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading lighting, lighting controls and emergency lighting system sales and commissioning company.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a permanent full-time position within their South Dublin based office for a design engineer primarily working in their Engineering / Estimating department. The successful candidate will learn from experienced professionals and develop their career.
The Design Engineer job specification detailed below requires a high degree of flexibility to support the demands of the Engineering Department. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are crucial.
Working within the Engineering team on planning systems, lighting requirements and communicating effectively to ensure design intent is maintained throughout the project.
- Complete Design Requirements for Central Battery Systems, Emergency Lighting Systems, Lighting Systems and Lighting Controls.
- Support the Lead Engineer
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Engage in Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, technical submittals, drawings and lighting calculations etc.
- Engage in services co-ordination exercises and solve co-ordination issues.
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial and marketing departments.
- A highly motivated and ambitious individual looking to build their career in a growing company.
- Understanding of Lighting and Emergency Lighting.
- Capable of working on own initiative and proactively as part of a team.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Clean, smart professional appearance and be customer service friendly with a good attitude and flexible approach.
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems and Calculations.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Dialux/Relux experience an advantage.
Training & Personal Growth:
- Excellent training provided.
- Company Sponsorship of relevant training (all business/company relevant courses in a related discipline are encouraged)